23 FORMATION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
At 23 Formation, you will get a well-rounded exposure to many facets of our company, learn how a record label operates, have an active role in collaborating with different teams, and receive unparalleled development opportunities.
Location & Requirements
23 Formation’s 6-12 month Internship Program placements operates in our London office. We are looking for self-motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic individuals with excellent communication, IT and organisational skills. Most importantly, you need to be creative with a passion and knowledgeable about the music industry
Departments of Interest
Some of our most popular departments include A&R, Artist Development & Touring, Licensing, Marketing, Publicity, Digital Media, Promotion, Sales, Studio Services, and Video.
Candidate Interview Process
Apply online by clicking here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know about your background, interests, experience in the industry.
Interview with an industry professional in one of your top departments of interest.
• You will actively build and develop in-depth and specialist knowledge and understanding of hip hop, R&B and pop music.
• Listening to demos, cataloging submissions and feedback to label presidents – you’re always on the lookout for the next big hit!
• You will take a proactive approach to build relationships, managing key contacts and artists
• You will be attending gigs, showcases, festivals and clubs, and researching new ones to attend
• Research new artists using different tools such as YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok as well as word of mouth from your own network of creatives
• Proactively learning and engaging with the music industry through blogs, social media, trade papers/websites, and magazines.
• Collate A&R reports and be able to feedback to label heads • suggesting artists that could potentially partner with suitable producers for remixes
• Keeping up with new trends and new artists in the music industry as they emerge
• Create commercial and creative pitches on new artists for label heads
• Sourcing songs and new songwriters for already established artists where necessary
• The key point of contact for all external relationships, picking up a correspondence on behalf of the A&R team
• At all times maintain the highest levels of confidentiality, never disclosing Sony or artist information outside of the label.
• Maintain trackers and records on all projects pitched, in development, or released
• In-depth knowledge of platforms for unsigned artists
• You will have the ability to identify opportunities that translate an artist’s vision to the fans
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop.
Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement